What is an "SR22 Filing"?

An SR22 Filing is a form issued by an insurance company which removes a suspension order placed by the DMV on your driving privilege. The filing provides a guarantee to the California Department of Motor Vehicles that an insurance company has issued at least minimum liability coverage for the person making that filing; AND - that the insurance company will notify the DMV should the insurance ever lapse for any reason.

How can you help me get an SR22?

Our agency represents many insurance companies that actively write SR22 filing insurance. DON'T just get a quote from one company - you'll make a big pricing mistake! We can issue the SR filing the same day upon receipt of signed applications; and if you need it, we can overnight the filing to you for a small overnight fee. We have written many SR filing accounts ... Let us help you too!

Who needs one?

People whose license is under suspension by the California Department of Motor Vehicles need an SR22 filing to reinstate their license. This includes, but is not limited to the following suspension reasons; drunk driving violations; more minor moving violations in one year that the law permits; suspensions from unpaid fines or parking violations; uninsured accidents; failure to comply with other DMV laws or regulations.

How do I get an SR22 Filing to reactivate my drivers license?

You must purchase minimum liability coverage on the vehicle(s) you own. If you do not own a motor vehicle, you must purchase "non-owners" liability coverage. The price is based on the severity of your driving record (accidents and violations), where you live, and the number of years of driving experience. If you do not know what is on your driving record, purchase it from DMV (usual cost is about $5.00). Then you must purchase the proper kind of Automobile, Motorcycle, Commercial Vehicle, or Non-Owners policy. Our goal is to find you this coverage at the lowest cost to you! That is why we are here.

How long must I maintain an SR22 Filing?

Under normal circumstances, the SR22 Filing period is three years. However, with the advent of stricter enforcement of DMV laws, and lobbying against drunk drivers, the terms can be extended.

What process is involved in reinstating my license?

1. First, you need to know what is on your driving record.

2. Secondly, you will need to call the DMV to ask them what other DMV fees are need to reactivate (usually a $10.00 reinstatement fee, and payment of all other outstanding parking/moving violation fines).

3. With that information, we can help you find the LOWEST PRICE for insurance, so the next step is getting a quotation for the proper coverage.

4. After getting a general price indication, call us at 925.864.5286 to get a confirmed quote. If the price is OK with you, we will fax or mail you the paperwork to start your policy, and upon receipt, issue the SR22 Filing.

5. That's it! After completing these steps your license will be reinstated!